Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

I have fallen in love with the city. I believe God loves the people here. We have been here now for 11 days. Christmas in Amsterdam was wonderful. It snows on Christmas day every 20-30 years and this Christmas it snowed! It was a great present. On Christmas Eve my team and I went caroling in the red light district. As we sang I could feel the Lord moving on people's hearts. One man came over and did push ups in front of us. I wondered if he had been spending time in a "coffee shop" (where they sell marijuana) minutes earlier. Some people video taped us and others joined us in singing. There were a few people who walked by that I especially felt the Lord was touching. A man was singing O' Holy Night as he passed and I know God was reminding him of His love. A year before I became a christian I was in a Christmas service and I could not even sing Silent Night because conviction had gripped my heart. I had this sense for some as they walked by us.

No comments:

Post a Comment