Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

The refining process is hard. I am learning to rejoice in hardship. You may think how can Hawaii be hard? One of my favorite teachers said, "when you get off the plane all your baggage is following closely behind on the tar mack." I feel I've been plunged into the fire...then into water...fire...water...fire...you get it. I have thought "haven't I learned this lesson before?" Well I am learning it more deeply now. I am so grateful for the encouragement that comes from friends and family back home.

My peace is in the fact that the Lion and the Lamb has called me to this place. Here in Hawaii is where He has grace for me to be and learn to suffer and die quietly. He really gives ashes for beauty the exchange is beyond good. Why is it so hard to give up ashes? I have been crying out for a deeper revelation of His goodness. I need more God! I need to know the depth of His love so that I can give that love away. His heart is for the oppressed and He is releasing the chains and the oppressed parts of me, so that I can walk in the true authority of His power in me. He is leading me to do my outreach in Amsterdam. Wow! And in this 3 months freeing me so that I can see His precious people freed as I go out. Thank you for the power of your prayers for they are the current pushing me forward, toward His jealous love. I pray for each one of you to know the depths of His love and commitment to you His favorite one.

"Is not this the fast that I choose; to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break EVERY yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh." Isaiah 58: 6-7

His beloved,
Amy*

Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment